The Hon. Ronald Bulkan Minister of Communities
The Hon. Valerie Patterson, Minister within the Ministry of Communities
Welcome to the Central Housing & Planning Authority (Guyana)
The Central Housing and Planning Authority (CH&PA), was established in 1948, vide the Housing Act, Chapter 36:20, to address the housing needs of the citizens of Guyana. The Agency, which is under the purview of the Ministry of Communities, has the following primary objectives:
- Divestment of Government land to eligible Guyanese for residential use.
- Development of housing schemes and regularization and upgrade of squatter settlements.
- Orderly and progressive development of Land, Cities, Towns, Urban and Rural areas.
- Granting security of tenure, (Transports and Certificates of Title to Land).
- Preparation of development plans for urban centers.
- Provision of services (access roads, internal road networks, water distribution networks, drainage, electricity).
- Collaboration with stakeholders for the development of sustainable communities.